Sunday 3 January 2010

Spring is sprung.....

Indeed spring is here, time to get myself out of a heated house and into the garden. We had survived our first winter in the West Midlands and I was rearing to go. Everywhere i went, evidence of the winters' grip on the land was waning.

Daffodils were ever where in abundance; on the roadside, peoples front gardens, on the village greens in large beds, in the most unusual places as if the someone had scattered thousands of bulbs in random fashion. Magnificent! With the daffodils the hyacinths and the tulips. To me when the daffs. come out, I know the winter is over and this never fails to give me a lift.

da grass is riz...... Our garden had a small lawn in the front. At the back the garden was split leveled; a patio next to the house then lawn, with beds on three sides. a few steps leading to the lower, larger section of flower beds with lawn in the middle. A fairly standard garden design.

Cutting the grass is something I generally enjoy. I began cutting grass when I was eight. We had a nice flat lawn which cut easily, hence a job my dad thought I could manage. Lawn cutting can be very therapeutic; the noise of the engine allows one to shut oneself off from the world and be alone with one's thoughts.

Raking up the grass. Not my favourite job but had to be done. Good exercise for the tummy muscles, I'm told.

Now I wonder where dem boidies iz?













No comments:

Post a Comment